Container delivery Vancouver is an integral part of the trade, shipping and freight movement. If your business demands transportation of bulk materials from one place to another, then container units are the basic requirement. These are moved through trucks, barge, ship or rail. The companies that provide with container transport are not only in charge of transportation but also the safety of the goods that are being moved. It is their duty to make sure that the contents reach the destination intact.
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of using container transport and the different types that are available for us.
CONTAINER DELIVERY VANCOUVER – ADVANTAGES OF USING FREIGHT TRANSPORT
Listed under are some of the advantages of using containers for transportation or shipping of goods from one place to another:
- The materials are packed carefully and placed inside the containers. You can be assured of no damage to the consignment while on the road to the destination.
- It saves money on labor costs as you only need it during packing and uploading and unloading after it reaches the destination.
- Safety is another benefit. Once the materials are packed and placed inside the container, they make sure that it is not tampered with on the way.
- You can choose the mode of transport as per your convenience. You can choose trucks, barge, or rail. For overseas transport, you can opt for shipping.
- Last but not the least; you get access to specialized transport containers. If you are moving frozen or perishable items, then you can choose refrigerated transport so that the supplies remain fresh until it reaches the destination.
TYPES OF CONTAINER DELIVERY VANCOUVER TO CHOOSE FROM
As said before, container delivery allows you to choose a storage unit that suits your needs. Given under are a few varieties that you can choose from:
- DRY CONTAINERS
These containers come in 10, 20 and 40 ft dimensions. It is the most popular form used for shipping purposes. You can transport normal cargo in these containers.
- TUNNEL CONTAINER
The container can be opened from both ends, hence the name. This feature makes for easy loading and unloading of cargo. A tunnel container is the same as the dry storage container.
- OPEN TOP CONTAINERS
As the name clearly suggests, the tops of this container can be removed to load in goods from the top down.
- FLAT RACK CONTAINERS
These are mostly used to carry heavy and oversized cargo such as machines and other forms of equipment or construction materials. The specialty of flat rack containers is that the sides can be opened to put in the heavy cargo.
- REFRIGERATED CONTAINERS
Refrigerated containers are used to transport perishable items like food products and medicinal supplies. These goods are sensitive in nature and need to be kept in preferable low temperatures, fulfilled by refrigeration.
- THERMAL CONTAINERS
It allows you to regulate and withstand high temperatures for certain goods that are traveling long distances. These are also used for perishable items.
You need to determine the type of materials that you are transporting, before choosing a container delivery in Vancouver.